I’m really excited about taking part in the # 20FactsAboutMe Tag as I so often talk about my family on my blog, but not so much about myself. By linking up with other bloggers it’s been great to find out more about the person behind the blog!
# 20FactsAboutMe Tag
I was tagged by the lovely Beth from A Blonde & a Baby to take part in the #20 FactsAboutMe Tag! She came up with a great list so go check hers out too!
So about me … here goes…
- I am only 5′ 1″ ! My mum says good things come in little packages! Hmm!!!
- I am addicted to caffeine, but not of the coffee variety – my addiction is fuelled solely by Pepsi Max!
- I have a degree in Psychology and a PGCE & told I regularly put these into practice by analysing & organising my family!!!
- I’m vegetarian and have been all my life.
- I used to play the clarinet and my Nan thought I’d be the new Acker Bilk. Now, to my regret, I gave up playing when I left school!!!
- I love watching TV box sets on Netflix and spend every evening watching a couple of episodes as my chill time.
- I can’t abide live television – everything I watch is recorded on my Tivo box so I can skip any adverts or boring bits!
- The best place I have ever visited is South Africa. We climbed to the top of Table Mountain (exhausting), drove along the Garden Route (beautiful)and went on safari (amazing)!
- I drive a bright blue VW Polo which I am totally in love with!
- I’ve realised since becoming a parent that birthdays and Christmases are no longer my own as they get subsumed by Sophie e.g. opening my cards & my presents with days out having to be to places with a play area!
- I am an avid lover of wildlife and try and get out to spot it as often as possible; however Sophie is a slight hindrance as she frequently shouts, “BIRD” or “WOTS DIS?” at the top of her lungs when we spot anything!
- I’m rubbish at all sports and have been since infant school.
- I love reading fiction. Some of my favourites are the Game of Thrones books, anything by Stephen King and Tolkien.
- I have a travel bucket list on my kitchen wall and hope to do them all one day. My most wanted places to visit are the Amazon and Galapagos Islands.
- I got engaged under the Mediterranean Sea in Greece whilst scuba diving – although surprised I just about managed not to choke & splutter.
- I had my gallbladder removed when Sophie was only 5 months old which was not a lot of fun (especially for husband & mum who between them had a very wussy patient & an ever hungry baby to look after!).
- My favourite food is halloumi – if it is on a menu everyone knows that is what I will be having!
- I have an obsession with making ‘To Do’ lists, but I’m always losing them and so regularly my first ‘To Do’ is to write the ‘To Do’ list again!
- I’m really good at PlayStation games and am obsessed with collecting trophies. My favourites are the ‘Fallout’ series.
- With my Nan I researched our family history – we got back to relatives from the 16th century. One group were wealthy estate owners, but unfortunately drank away their fortune (hence I am not landed gentry although I can see the park from our house)!
Next Up: # 20FactsAboutMe Tag …
I am tagging the lovely –
Louise @ Weeohana
Dani @ This Womans Word
Natalie @ Surviving Life’s Hurdles
Cheryl @ Mummy of 5 Miracles
Jessica @ Making Little People
Laura @ Five Little Doves