“Round & Round the Garden, Like a Teddy Bear…One Step…Two Steps…Tickle You Under There!”
Some of Sophie’s Recommended Gardening Books for Children
Babies love books especially ones with bright, simple, contrasting pictures.
Try and read books (fiction and non-fiction) to them at least twice a day to develop a range of communication and language skills! They won’t understand the text, but it will expose them to lots of words and they’ll love looking at the pictures and, of course, listening to you.
Some of our favourite gardening books for children are:
- Miffy’s Garden – Dick Bruna
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Eric Carle
- The Tale Of Peter Rabbit – Beatrix Potter
- Hello, Bugs! (Black and White Sparklers) – Smriti Prasadam
- Garden Sounds
- Peep Inside the Garden – Usborne
- Jasper’s Beanstalk – Nick Butterworth
Websites / Apps:
Official Miffy Website – simple activities for the little rabbit’s fans.
Kidloland app – Mary, Mary Quite Contrary interactive nursery rhyme
Baby World app – a range of high contrast flashcards