Halloween Play Dough
This easy to make Halloween play dough is perfect for imaginative & sensory play.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water
- Food colouring
- Halloween crafty ‘bits’ e.g. pipe cleaners, cookie cutters
You can make your own play-dough using this no-cook recipe & dye it black & orange for Halloween.
You can buy Halloween cookie cutters to make different shapes, but I just put out a selection of ‘bits’ (e.g. pipe cleaners / plastic spiders) & let Sophie play independently.
Sophie loved making spider cakes!
She enjoyed it so much that she then decided to get her doll involved!
What are you helping your little one to do?
- Improve fine motor skills – manipulating the play dough & the objects in different ways strengthens hand muscles
- Develop hand-eye co-ordination & concentration skills
- Develop imaginative play (e.g. left to play independently, Sophie made ‘spider cakes’)
- Explore & understand the world around them – if you make the play dough with your child you can look at solids / liquids, measuring, change of state & so much more…