Cotton Wool Sheep
Make this super cotton wool sheep with your toddler. This fun sticking activity helps develop fine motor skills & spatial awareness.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Baa Baa Black Sheep Template
- Cotton wool balls (or pads pulled into smaller pieces)
1) Print the Baa Baa Black Sheep Template
2) Prepare a pile of cotton wool balls (or pieces)
HOW TO PLAY:
- With your toddler, spread the glue across the sheep’s body
- Show your little one how to stick the the cotton wool balls down onto the sheep. This is a great support for the development of their ‘pincer grip’
- Fill all of the sheep’s body with the cotton wool. If you wish, cut out the finished cotton wool sheep.
MAKE IT EASIER:
Is your child too young for this activity? Try these simple ideas:
- Make a smaller version of the sheep & put on a straw / lollipop stick to make a simple puppet. Move around in front of baby to support eye tracking development & concentration span
- Keeping away from their mouths, give baby cotton wool balls & some water. Let them drop the balls in & squeeze for some fun sensory water play.
MAKE IT HARDER:
Is your child ready to stretch their fine motor & art skills further? Try these ideas:
- Challenge your child to cut out the sheep template themselves (with child safe scissors)
- Paint the finished sheep black – you could either use ready mixed paint or challenge them to make the colour black with given paints
What are you helping your little one to do?
- Experiment with different art materials, cutting, gluing, sticking & painting
- Follow simple instructions
- Develop fine motor skills, including pincer grip
For more Baa Baa Black Sheep themed activities, click HERE
What other materials could your little one use to decorate their sheep?
PIN THESE COTTON WOOL SHEEP ACTIVITY: