Halloween Play Dough
This easy to make Halloween play dough is perfect for imaginative & sensory play.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water
- Food Colouring
- Halloween themed ‘bits’ e.g. pipe cleaners, cookie cutters, plastic spiders
1 – Make your own play-dough using this no-cook recipe
2 – Use food colouring to dye it black & orange for Halloween.
3 – Set up the play dough along with various Halloween themed items. We used ghost & witch cookie cutters & other ‘bits’ including green & black pipe cleaners & plastic spiders.
HOW TO PLAY:
This invitation to play is all about sparking your child’s interest & playing independently! Let little ones play with it in any way they prefer. The first thing Sophie did was to make spider cakes!
She enjoyed it so much that she then decided to get her doll involved!
What are you helping your little one to do?
- Improve fine motor skills – manipulating the play dough & the objects in different ways strengthens hand muscles
- Develop hand-eye coordination & concentration skills
- Develop imaginative play
- Explore & understand the world around them – if you make the play dough with your child you can look at solids/liquids, measuring, change of state etc…
What items would you put out with your Halloween play dough?
For more Halloween themed activities, click HERE
PIN THIS HALLOWEEN PLAY DOUGH: