Discover the Gamma Jacket: Wear Graphene
** Discover the Gamma Jacket is a collaborative post. We have been sent the images with permission for their usage.
Choosing sustainable fashion items is something I am striving to be better at & have made a good few steps towards this. I try & choose items that may be more expensive initially, but last much longer. I also try to buy clothes that are made from organic or recycled materials & have recently set myself up with a capsule wardrobe to stop myself from buying unnecessarily.
Another way of choosing sustainable clothing is to go for something that can be worn in any season & for different lifestyle events. Is there such a thing? YES! Introducing the new…
GAMMA is a new jacket infused with graphene from weargraphene.com. It is so sustainable that you can replace ALL your coats with just this one! The Internet is going crazy over this new jacket & the Kickstarter campaign raised $50, 000 in just 3 days!
To answer that question, we first need to talk about…
Graphene was discovered in 2004, and its potential for so many applications has earned it the name “supreme graphene” & a Nobel Prize. It is the thinnest material known to man at only one atom thick, and is also incredibly strong – about 200 times stronger than steel! It is incredibly durable & has so much potential for usage across all industries, it really could change the world. You can find more information about Graphene here.
So what has this got to do with clothes? Well, back to the GAMMA…
WearGraphene is a techwear company & the first to infuse graphene into textiles to make the incredible GAMMA jacket. Graphene turns ordinary clothing into SUPER clothing granting properties such as extreme durability, weather resistance, temperature control, and bacteria resistance.
“Thanks to graphene, clothing is going to become more versatile than ever. We’re excited to introduce the world to graphene infused clothing and to Gamma, the most versatile jacket ever made” Sarah Wood, Wear Graphene
What Are the Benefits?
The graphene in this travel jacket is quite literally a game-changer.
- Temperature control: Graphene offers temperature control that mimics human skin. The nanolattice distributes heat around the jacket to keep you warm in cold weather. When it’s warm, it wicks moisture and expels excess heat to cool you down.
- Heated jacket: Gamma has built-in heaters keeping you warm in extremely cold weather (temperatures below freezing). By connecting a power bank to an inner pocket, the wearer can adjust the temperature of the jacket. Graphene then distributes the heat from the heaters around the torso. Despite Gamma’s weight of about 500 g (1.1 lbs), it’s able to keep you warm even in extremely cold weather.
- Lightweight: as mentioned above, the jacket only weighs 1.1lbs – no winter coat as effective as this has ever weighed in so lightly!
- Impermeable: Graphene’s impermeability renders Gamma waterproof, damage-proof, and windproof. Almost nothing can break through graphene. Gamma is strong enough to repel knife punctures and to withstand serious wear and tear. And it will not permit cold air or moisture to enter.
- UV Proof: For sunny and hot days, Gamma is UV-proof. Gamma will protect the wearer from the sun’s harmful UV rays while preventing overheating.
- Hypoallergenic & antimicrobial: Graphene is completely hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. Gamma will protect the wearer from germs and allergens and will remain free from odours for life.
As well as all of these incredible benefits, the jacket itself is stylish yet functional.
- Neutral colours: Coming in a neutral black colour, there are grey accents in the pockets & zips meaning the jacket will compliment any outfit choice.
- Can be worn for any occasion: Gamma’s stylish and functional design makes it ideal for use outdoors, indoors, and for formal
and informal occasions.
- Loads of storage: It has 10 pockets, 2 of which are hidden, for practical storage on any occasion
- It’s a waterproof jacket: the jackets rain hem and visored hood make Gamma a functional rain jacket for casual users or a shell for hikers and adventurers.
- Easy to care for: Gamma is machine washable and easy to maintain. It is resistant to tears, marks, stains, and scuffs. Thanks to graphene’s strength, Gamma will not crease or wrinkle. It will maintain a crisp like-new look for the life of the jacket.
I cannot decide which part of the jacket I like most, but the whole concept completely intrigues me! Not only is this jacket perfect for everyday wear, but it can also be used as a more extreme outdoor jacket without the movement restrictions of current ones on the market. The GAMMA jacket is certainly a worthwhile purchase as a long-term (maybe forever?) piece of clothing that could be purchased for the whole family.
To find out more about Wear Graphene and the Gamma, which is now available for pre-order see: www.weargraphene.com. Early-bird perks are still available & can be shipped globally!